Monday, September 5, 2011

August Favorites

Here are my favorites for the month of august:

1. One by one mascara by maybelline
if you like having pretty, non-clumpy and seperated lashes like I do, One by one  mascara is perfect for you. I must warn that it doesnt give amazing length or volume. Just defines, seperates, and darkens. But I still love this mascara. Runs for about $8 in the drugstore, the coral packaging is super pretty and eyecatching. The smell is definetly a little funky, so thank goodness your eyelashes are nowhere near your nose, becasue that smell drives me nuts. But I altogether LOVE this mascara. (:
2. Shu Uemura eyelash curler
I finally picked up the shu Uemura eyelash curler while I was in China this summer. This baby sure lives up to its hype! It fits my eye perfectly, and just a little bit of pressure curls my eyelashes in a instant. I have extremley hard to curl lashes that are super straight and point straight downwards. This eyelash curler is a livesaver. Definelty an investment, but a lifesaver. Costs about $20 i believe.

3. NYC smooch proof lipstain

This lipstains are cheap and great! Mine is in "Berry long time" and its an awesome berry stain. Its quite sheer though so it looks pretty natural on your lips, giving you that "my lips but better" look. I feel that the felt tip marker dries relatively fast however, though some product still comes out. But its still a steal for only $5.

4. neutrogena dry touch sunblock spf 30

we all know how important sunblock is. My favorite is the Neutrogena dry touch sunblock. I have combination skin, with very dry cheeks and a slightly oily t-zone. This sunblock gives me a nice dewy glow, but doesnt make me look oily or shiny at all. It feels very light, and gives my skiu a smooth and soft finish. I love it! It makes my skin look and feel great! And protects it from UV rays of course.

5. Wet n' wild eyeshadow palette in Silent treatment
These are awesome eyeshadows. The light peachy-pink browbone color is semi-sheer and has tons of pretty sparkles, and I love using this all over the lid for a sheer and pretty wash of shimmer. Great for a natural look. The black/brown shade with gold sparkles is gorgeous and super pigmented. And I mean SUPER pigmented. This color is great for lining the eyes, or creating a smokey eye, whatever you like to do with it. The taupey purple color is an amazing eyeshadow. Its not too dark or not too light, so its an awesome eyelid shade, and it sure makes my brown eyes pop.
If you dont own this palette already, I suggest you give it a whirl, as its super cheap for $3 at your nearest drugsttore, and the colors are extremley pretty and pigmented. Great for school, work, everyday looks, but you can definetly create great nighttime and party looks as well with this versitale pallette. L-O-V-E (:
- Momo

No comments:

Post a Comment