Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lip Stain REVIEW

Do you have boring, dull, non pigmented lips? Well, I suffer from having lifeless lips that look average at best. However, recently I discovered a line of lip stains from Revlon, called Just Bitten and I became so excited!!! Well ofcourse, before I made my purchase, I decided to research these lip stains but unfortunately, I  had no idea which color to pick.. But after watching countless youtube video reviews and other blog posts, I decided to go with the color Passion which supposedly is the brightest pink color. And so, I went to the nearest drugstore and bought myself the color Passion. I was pretty content with the results that I went again to Duane Reade to get a different color, Flame.

SWATCHES on my hand:
Flame on top, Passion on bottom




Personally, I'm not so sure if it's just my lip stain but my Passion lip stain is very light and has a slight watery consistency. At first, it wasn't like that as the color was very pigmented but after some use, my passion lip stain became watery and pretty light in color. But my flame lip stain on the other hand, is EXTREMELY pigmented and has GREAT staying power.
Some reviews out there say that the lip stains do not come off when you drink, eat, or rub, but from my experience, the color does come off if you rub it hard enough. After a meal, the flame lip stain fades a bit but for me the Passion lip stain fades completely.

PROS:
- High pigmentation
- some Staying power
- no fragrance
- lip balm at end of the stick
- color doesn't get on foods, drinking straws, etc.

CONS:
- slight tingly, warm sensation on lips
- can come off if you rub it, eat with it
- lip balm may fall off if you dont close the cap correctly
- slightly expensive? well, for me :]

OVERALL, Revlon's Just bitten lip stains are great! If I had to rate them, I would rate them a 7/10. But I do not regret buying them and plan on purchasing more of their colors!! You can find them in most drugstores and they usually cost around $10

Well, have fun shopping, and see you pretty ladies next time!!!!! ^^

-Eunnie <3



No comments:

Post a Comment