Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Quick tips: PROCRASTINATION

now that the school year is coming up, we know that loads of homework and classwork await us. Here are a couple of tips on how to prevent procrastination. I hope this is helpful! (:

tip 1: keep your computer and cellphone hidden
i think that most of us can admit that our computers and cellphones are extremley distracting. So the best way to focus on our work is to put away all distractions so that we wont be tempted to play with them.

tip 2: find a secluded and quiet place to work
the library, barnes n noble are good places to study, or you can find a quiet spot in your house where you know you wont be distracted. Avoid working on your bed, becasue you dont want to be too comfortable that you'll fall asleep! also, getting the inkstains out of your bedspread is not fun at all (:

tip 3: Time yourself
organizing your time and setting up a schedule is the most efficent way to get your work done on time. During school, sometimes I like to make a schedule of everything I need to do when I get home, so that I can get things done and get to bed early.

tip 4: snacks
leave some snacks near your study area so that you wont get up and go to the kitchen to get some snacks. Most likely on your way back from the kitchen, you'll get distracted by something and forget about your work.

tip 5: dont leave things for the last minute
You dont want to be that person who does a big project the night before its due. Most likely, it'll not look as great becasue you had a limited time to work on it. Try to plan out your time and give yourself some time evryday to work on the project before the day that its due.

This are some kind of no-brainer tips that you probably already know, but I hoped this helped you somewhat! Good luck for the school year! (:
- momo

Heyy momo, thanks for the procrastination tips, but I also want to add in one more tip as well. So for those of you who simply cannot finish hw on time, then maybe you should try to complete your hw as soon as you come home from school.  Personally, if I dont do my homework immediately, I tend to procrastinate and finish my homework at midnight.. But when I DO finish my homework, well....... its the greatest feeling ever.
- Eunnie  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment