Saturday, June 25, 2011

Drugstore mascaras: Hits and misses

Drugstore mascaras are great. Theyre cheaper than most highend mascaras, and work about the same, if not even better. I have bought several different drugstore mascaras, and I'm here to give you a little review of each one that Ive tried. :)

1. Great lash mascara by Maybelline
This was the first mascara that I ever bought when I first started wearing makeup. It was cheap, and there were so many raves about it in magazines, that I thought I ought to give it a try. From what I can remember, I absolutley hated it. It was clumpy and disgusting, and totally turned me off from buying more mascaras. I would rate this product 3/10. ):


2. But of course, I was sucked into buying more mascara after seeing many great review on the maybelline colossal mascara. This one was okay in my opinion. I didnt like the smell very much, and I thought that it made my lashes look a little spidery. It was good at volummizing, but I didnt see much length out of this mascara. I also thought it made my lashes look very unnatural, it was very obvious that I was wearing mascara. I would rate this product 4.5/10


3. I bought this mascara on a whim when I saw in on sale at Target. At first I hated it becasue it super clumpy when I first applied it, but after a few weeks the formula improved greatly and I fell in love with it. I did see a bit smudging on my lower lashline at the end of the day, but it wasnt as bad as other mascaras that I have tried. I would rate this mascara 8.5/10
4. The maybelline falsies mascara was raved about so much, that I decided to get one for myself to try out. I actually really liked it. It was super lengthening, great at volumizing, seperating and clump free. It didnt make my lashes look like false lashes, but it did a really good job at making them stand out a lot more. I also loved this mascara on my lower lashes, because it made them more defined and volumized. I did have a bit of a smudging issue with this mascara, where I would have a bit of black on my outer lower lash line by the end of the day. But all in all, I think this mascara is pretty good. I would rate it a 8/10
5. As you may know, mascara isnt that great for you lashes. I found that wearing mascara everyday made my lashes actually more brittle and smaller. So I decided tp try this mascara. However, this mascara didnt help grow my lashes at all. But the formula was pretty good. It was great at lengthening, and it gave the same effect as the maybelline falsies mascara. However this mascara smudged a bit on me as well. I'd rate it a 8/10


6. I bought this mascara becasue it claimed to grow eyelashes as well. It didnt grow my eyelashes, instead it made them smaller and more brittle. However, it had a great formula as it was very clump free and seperated nicely. I really liked this brush on this mascara, it is similar to the lash blast by covergirl, but alot smaller. Great for getting into the hard to reach places. THis mascara wasnt great at lengthening, but it gave nice volume. Id rate it 7.5/10.
7. I really liked this mascara the first day I got it. It looks natural, and makes your lashes look "full and soft". However, it smudged like crazy on me, even though I bought the waterproof version. It literally gave me raccoon eyes by the end of the day. It looked terrible.. I'd rate this mascara a 6/10.
8.The covergirl lashblast waterproof was super waterproof to the exent that it was hard to remove. It was clump free, seperated well, lengthened decently, and volumized decently as well. However I threw this one away becasue it was killing my lashes. It made them extremly small and brittle and I swear the size of my lashes were half the size they were before after putting on this mascara. This mascara is great for wearing in the pool, or to the beach, but I wouldnt wear it on a daily basis. I'd rate it a 7/10


9. Like I said in my last post, this is my favorite mascara. I LOVE IT.
clumpfree, decent lengthening and volumizing, and best of all, smudgeproof!

This mascara gets a 9/10 just becasue I wish it was more lengthening.

So, the search for the perfect mascara goes on. I think I might try the covergirl lashblast length, even though it gets bad reviews. We'll see how it goes.

- Momo

No comments:

Post a Comment