Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A REVIEW: Maybelline Fit me foundation

Last Saturday, I was forced to run to the store and buy a foundation.
 Now, normally I am not a foundation wearer. Still being fairly young, I dont find a need to wear much foundation except for formal events such as parties and weddings.
Last saturday I was "forced" to buy foundation because of my performance the next day, where we were required to wear a base on our face (haha.. it rhymes :P). Being tired, I basically ran into my nearest CVS and just grabbed a foundation that I thought matched my skintone the best. Maybelline Fit me foundation in the shade 210 seemed to be a most promising color for me. Now, store lighting is very deceiving. What I thought was a very yellow based foundation turned out to be quite pinkish when I got home. Quite a disappointment on my part.
However, I found the foundation to be quite moisturizing, and it looked quite smooth on my face. The formulation is very sheer and light on the face so it feels like your wearing nothing. It doesnt look cakey with the first coat of foundation, but obviously if you were to add more layers it would begin to look cakey.
I think this foundation is not for people with oily skin, and for people who want a heavy coverage foundation. For those people, I would recommend Revlon colorstay, which I have owned, and loved.


IN A NUTSHELL:

PROS:
- Decent pricing: i got mine for about $8
- lightweight, sheer coverage
- looks natural
- color range is good
- Moisturizing, dewy finish
- smell is decent
- packaging is nice and sleek

CONS:
- no oil control
- not a heavy coverage foundation




would I buy this foundation again? Maybe, but in a different shade. Hopefully next time I can find a fit me foundation that actually fits me. haha

- Momo

No comments:

Post a Comment